Drones, or general UAVs, equipped with cameras have been fast deployed to a wide range of applications, including agricultural, aerial photography, fast delivery, and surveillance. Consequently, automatic understanding of visual data collected from these platforms become highly demanding, which brings computer vision to drones more and more closely. We are excited to present a large-scale benchmark with carefully annotated ground-truth for various important computer vision tasks, named VisDrone, to make vision meet drones.
The VisDrone2021 dataset is collected by the AISKYEYE team at Lab of Machine Learning and Data Mining , Tianjin University, China. The benchmark dataset consists of 400 video clips formed by 265,228 frames and 10,209 static images, captured by various drone-mounted cameras, covering a wide range of aspects including location (taken from 14 different cities separated by thousands of kilometers in China), environment (urban and country), objects (pedestrian, vehicles, bicycles, etc.), and density (sparse and crowded scenes). Note that, the dataset was collected using various drone platforms (i.e., drones with different models), in different scenarios, and under various weather and lighting conditions. These frames are manually annotated with more than 2.6 million bounding boxes or points of targets of frequent interests, such as pedestrians, cars, bicycles, and tricycles. Some important attributes including scene visibility, object class and occlusion, are also provided for better data utilization.
- Paper submission system is available now .The deadline for workshop paper is August 7 2021, AOE time.
- The deadline for the competition is 24:00 on July 15th 2021, AOE time
- VisDrone 2021 will be organized in conjunction with ICCV 2021.
- Aug. 28, 2020: Computer Vision for UAVs Workshop and Challenge will be held at 8:00 (UTC+1) on August 28.
- July. 14, 2020: Evaluation server will be closed at 23:59 on July 15 (UTC+0 time).
- July. 9, 2020: Paper submission system is available now. Paper submission deadline is delayed until July 15th.
- June. 26, 2020: Due to the impact of COVID-19, the submission deadline is delayed until July 15th. Each team will have additional 5 submission opportunities.